Here Kitty Kitty
Pastel Papers, Silk Flowers and Stamps!
I started with basic white card stock and used watered down acrylics to paint the background since I didn't have actual watercolors on hand. The water from the paints will war the paper so I recommend letting the page dry completely and then leaving several heavy books on it over night to flatten it out.
The mason jar detail was created with a rubber stamp and blue vellum. I placed silk flowers below the vellum to make it look like the jar was full. Puttingfew flowers on the top gave me a way to hide the adhesive that is mounting the vellum to the background.
This page was inspired by Color, Story, Inspiration's 215th case file. I love the quirky illustration and pastel color scheme.
- Stripes (Tan and white striped tag using paper from Miss Caroline Dolled Up pad by My Mind's Eye and gray ruled paper from American Crafts Maggie Holmes paper pad
- Solid Background
- Flowers (Silk flowers used in mason jar)
- Stamping (Inkadinkado mason jar stamp)
- Vellum (Blue vellum from Paper Pizazz Pastel Vellum Stack)
- Journal in wavy lines (I used a series of circle stencils to give me a template for my journaling)